cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagem 2704N auto wi-fi channel selection always on even if it manual select

Groober

Sagem 2704N auto wi-fi channel selection always on even if it manual select

Been having a lot of Wi-Fi issues with a new 2704N router, suffering constant failed attempts just to access router UI by Wi-Fi and various setting pages.
From a quick investigation the router seems to be actively changing channel even though I have altered it manually by selecting a channel using expert user and normal user log-in.
On the Wi-Fi settings screen it remembers what channel I have set, but using inSSIDer to monitor networks it been jumping to 11 and now 6+10 for the last 30 minutes I've been checking.  And manually selecting a different Wi-Fi channel doesn't change channel from what auto has picked.
Any way to disable the auto selection fully?
Firmware version is 7.275.2_F2704N_Plusnet.
inSSIDer is picking up three BT Homehubs in area.

5 REPLIES 5
Groober

Re: Sagem 2704N auto wi-fi channel selection always on even if it manual select

Seems the automatic channel jumping only occurs if select Wi-Fi Mode "802.11 b/g/n (up to 300Mb/s)" on the advanced settings tab.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Groober, forgot to say, welcome to the forum when you first posted.
Glad you found out a bit more about when this above issue occurs. I would hope it might be curable by playing with the config file. Let's hope someone can pick it up, although I may try in a while, I have other fish to fry right now.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Groober, this is exactly the same issue as seen here. Whether there is a possible fix within the config I do not yet know. BUT as you are on v2 of the firmware, can you please check the following.
Login to the 2704n using http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html and then enter the command  http://192.168.1.254/dumpcfgdynamic.cmd and tell us if you get a mdm text dump of the config. It should start with the first line <?xml version="1.0"?>
Groober

Using expert user login followed by your second link just generates the following message:
Sorry!
You're not allowed to access this content.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that. I'll address that issue in the other more relevant thread.