cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPEEDTOUCH 716WL

BLINDPEW
Grafter

SPEEDTOUCH 716WL

Hi just wondered if anybody on here was using the st 716wl. If so is it any good and also how easy is it to set up to use VOIP. I haven't got a net5 master socket so my extentions are plugged into a splitter which then plugs into my master socket. Would I just be able to take this splitter out of the master socket and plug it into the st 716 and use my house phones on the ordinary bt line and also the VOIP. That is of course after connecting the 716 into the master socket.
8 REPLIES 8
puddy
Grafter

Re: SPEEDTOUCH 716WL

Quote from: BLINDPEW
Hi just wondered if anybody on here was using the st 716wl. If so is it any good and also how easy is it to set up to use VOIP. I haven't got a net5 master socket so my extentions are plugged into a splitter which then plugs into my master socket. Would I just be able to take this splitter out of the master socket and plug it into the st 716 and use my house phones on the ordinary bt line and also the VOIP. That is of course after connecting the 716 into the master socket.

Yes I use the router and its great for voip just don't use the latest firmware upgrade- it locks up phone port 1 and you cannot get a dial tone.  I had to downgrade.
I run a lead from the plug provided for the router in to my 2 line phone.  Not sure if you can wire you house up this way (not enough voltage) and it will not work using a dect phone voltage an issue again)
Had to tell F9 how to set it up (voip)  Let me know if you want them?
Michael
ps why waste free calls
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Thanks for the info I think I might go ahead and get the 716wl but before I do, do you know if the 780wl is an updated version of the 716 or are they differant. I am just thinking if the 780 is the latest version I might aswell go for that one instead and hopefully it should be the same to set up has the 716.
puddy
Grafter

go for the latest model bit of future proofing

Michael
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Right thanks I am on with ordering the 780wl.
dubiez

I've got the 780WL and it works a treat.
It has a few more connections at the back than the 716 but the interface is pretty much the same.
It has loads of functionalities, some of wich can only be activated via telnet rather than the web interface.
I use my phone to receive both BT call and VOIP calls.
With a bit of fiddling in Telnet, it is possible to route outgoing calls via VOIP or PSTN (i.e. BT) from the phone handset.
Let me know if you want more details on how to do it and I'll point you in the right direction.
Jerome
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: dubiez
I've got the 780WL and it works a treat.
It has a few more connections at the back than the 716 but the interface is pretty much the same.
It has loads of functionalities, some of wich can only be activated via telnet rather than the web interface.
I use my phone to receive both BT call and VOIP calls.
With a bit of fiddling in Telnet, it is possible to route outgoing calls via VOIP or PSTN (i.e. BT) from the phone handset.
Let me know if you want more details on how to do it and I'll point you in the right direction.
Jerome

I use a 2 incoming line phone.  They cost about £30
Any useful info on different options would be really helpful to me
Puddy
fractalmania

hi, I have got the Speedtouch 780WL router and I am having a lot of problems configuring it to work with voip. In the dim and distant past it did work in that the config pages show it was registered for voip but that is no longer the case.
Any suggestions as to how it should be configured would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Fractalmania
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

ON the 716, you have to log into the spedtouch (default http://192.168.1.254) then click on the speedtouch button on the LHS then click the setup hypelink in the middle below
Pick a Task...
Ian
cp:green Tags sorted mod:end