Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKY+ App

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

SKY+ App

Does anyone run the SKY+ app with the technicolor router, on the latest firmware?Huh
I am having major issues at the min, as the app continually loses the sky box.  Refreshing the network settings on the sky box seems to cure it for a few mins, but opening the app again it fails to find the sky box.  I have reported this to the SKY team, but I wondered if anyone ran this app sucessfully using the plusnet router.  I dud wonder if it was Upnp, which was disabled, but I have enabled it, still no joy. Could it be a firewall or sharing issue on the router???
Using the app on a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1
2 REPLIES 2
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: SKY+ App

Well I think I have solved it... trawled the internet and found npr's site on telnet commands for this router. It appears that dnla server sharing is disabled on rev 8 of the firmware, and also it appears in rev 10.... I followed the instruction and all working with the added benefit of sharing from laptop to tablet also works. Thought this might be useful to others....
markos
Grafter

Re: SKY+ App

Thank you Penfold, I've copied and pasted your solution below (for the benefit of others).
Check the present state:
eth bridge igmpsnooping config

If state=enabled then apply the fix
eth bridge igmpsnooping config brname=bridge state=disabled

Then make it permanent with:
saveall