Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SATA3 Cable Problem

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

SATA3 Cable Problem

I just read this http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-hexus/334309-dodgy-sata-iii-cables-ln35962.html and the bit which was really surprising to me was this
I have managed to check the cables this morning and can confirm that I have been able to replicate the fault you have reported.
Testing the cables with a Samsung EVO drive yielded the same result, I then checked the cables with an Intel SSD with the same results.
Testing the cable with a Seagate barracuda drive worked fine however.
I am currently in contact with our suppliers concerning the above and the cables have been suspended from the Sale.
How can a cable only work with some drives 
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: SATA3 Cable Problem

I've had BSOD issues since I installed my Samsung Evo.
I used a short SATA3 cable I had.
Now you have me wondering.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

not quite "on topic".... but I have a friend in Oz land, that has a problem with his trailer lights.....
Motorhome......... connect up trailer...... check lights...... not working  Cry
call mate.... bring car round.... connect up trailer..... check lights.... working....  Smiley

connect mates trailer to Motorhome..... check lights.... working.....  Smiley
re-check... Motor home.... connect up original trailer... not working...    Huh Huh Huh
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the motor-home have windows ?  Cheesy
picbits
Rising Star

If the cables aren't up to a certain spec then some drives that use a different line driving circuit could work while others that use another system could fail. Often manufacturers design their product to exceed protocol specifications while others design them to scrape by.