cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VMWare ESXi 5.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VMWare ESXi 5.1

All of this talk of Macs got me thinking (dangerous I know, but it didn't last long). If I understand it correctly you can run OS X using VMware Workstation (which I have) but I would rather install Yosemite on my VMWare server, as my Client is a Fanless PC.  I assume this can actually be done? If so, as stupid as is sounds where can I get an ISO so I can install it? All the references I have been able to find assume you already have a Mac.
2 REPLIES 2
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Running OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VMWare ESXi 5.1

Note:- I know nada about Mackintosh's, but the following link indicates that you can get a hackintosh (on Windows)
http://www.sysprobs.com/working-os-x-10-9-mavericks-vmware-image-for-windows-os-intel-processor
Presumably, you could run a Windows VM on the server and then run your Mac-like thing as a guest in that?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Running OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VMWare ESXi 5.1

Ah! Well this is the very thing I am trying to avoid, I have very capable VMWare server and VMWare Workstation 10.0 (Licenced) on my physical working PCs (WIndows 8.1 and Arch Linux) so would prefer to go down that route.
I assume it is doable, but I don't have a clue where to get the actual OS from, heck I don't even mind buying it.