Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Mail emails unreadable

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Royal Mail emails unreadable

Receiving emails from Royal Mail, regarding delivery of goods ordered on Ebay... the text part is unreadable as it is in CSS/STYLES FORMAT...

Partial text in pic

EBAY EMAIL.png

Using THUNDERBIRD as Email Client.....  all other emails from Ebay and other sources are perfectly readable.

Any suggestions please, as to how to make these readable.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Royal Mail emails unreadable

Silly question @shutter . I am guessing these are sent to your gmail address? If so, could you read them on the Gmail webmail?

Only a suggestion, as I don't use my gmail accounts through TB - they are only 'fall-back' options if my usual accounts fail for any reason.

John
shutter
Community Veteran

Will PM you.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

replied.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@shutter 

Can you view it in a browser?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

shutter
Community Veteran

No... No option to view in a browser  .. either on the email "more" or the drop down "preferences" menu ... open in a new tab results in exactly the same format.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@shutter 

Whether this helps, https://www.systoolsgroup.com/updates/view-thunderbird-email-message-in-browser/?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

shutter
Community Veteran

@Baldrick1   Understand and did the process... BUT... on clicking "open with......"  and selecting Firefox from the drop down menu..... just get a blank website page.. and the What should firefox do with this file message... choosing "Open"  and then OK.. results in the message box disappearing, only to reappear 2 seconds later. with no change to the duckduckgo website page content ! .

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@shutter Your image indicates the message is from vfm-allsorts.

Have you tried saving the e-mail to a .txt file? You can then easily examine and edit the content. I often do this with suspicious e-mails or e-mails that contain a web page (I explicitly prevent my e-mail client displaying HTML) and (sometimes) create a .html file with just the embedded web page.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
shutter
Community Veteran

@PeeGee  Thanks for your input..... No.. I haven`t tried that...  to a point... it doesn`t matter too much as the text content will be a repetition of the subject title.... e.g. we have an item for you....     your item will be delivered today... your item has been returned to delivery office ... etc.

I agree it appears to be from VFM... however.. I suspect it is from RM.. direct as part of Ebay mailing system...as direct messages to and from VFM are in plain text.

They have suggested the Ebay has changed their system somehow, which does not convert HTML text to P/L 

and have notified Ebay of the problem.