Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routerstats

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Routerstats

I have got Routerstats Lite running on my recently installed, refurbished Netgear DG2200   on ADSL2 line

Speed tests over the years from OOKLA have shown the line to be around 5.5 to 6 megs, which is adequate for my needs.. The line is rock solid... can`t remember the last time I had a disconnection.. but I do like to run Routerstats..." just in case "... and I have some record of what the line was doing before ..... and ... after.. if it does occur..

Whilst I understand the graph shows a jagged line, and some "noise"... there are two lines on this one... one GREEN and one BLUE...

is there someone who can tell me what the two lines represent... in terms of "noise" and the SNR ( which, at 6db average seems to be ok for the line) tehch help routerstats graph.jpg

Note... in the pic below.... the "line speed" is 7.303kbps  and rock solid....

tech help routerstats line speed .jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Routerstats

Fix

@shutter 

The key is at the top of the graph, blue is download and green upload. There is obvious some intermittent noise on the line that is causing the SNR to fluctuate from the average DLM set SNR, hence the spikes.

The majority of the noise is in the band of frequencies used for upload.

Providing the residual SNR is adequate for the exchange equipment to maintain sync the speed should not be affected. Presumably error correction could affect your actual speed intermittently.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Routerstats

@Baldrick1   Ah!  ... Thank you for your reply.... my eyes could not distinguish the colours in those little spots .. both look "dark" to me... ! ! ! ! ...

So long as the blue line doesn`t spike too much... I`m happy ! ... don`t do any "uploading" so won`t be a problem with that.

Thanks again

Wink