cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router says it’s connected to the internet but it doesn’t seem to work.

camerongray

Router says it’s connected to the internet but it doesn’t seem to work.

Just wondered if anyone would be able to help, my router was running quite slow lastnight so my other half reset the router and ever since it says it is connected to the internet but no devices can actually receive an internet connection. I don’t have any Ethernet cables to check whether it’s a modem or router problem either.
2 REPLIES 2
22over7
Rising Star

Re: Router says it’s connected to the internet but it doesn’t seem to work.

Can you ping the router (using its IP address, eg 192.168.1.254, or something like that) from any of the devices? 

If so, suspect that the wifi password might have been reset, among other things. 

How did you find out the router says it's connected to the internet if you didn't use an ethernet cable?  Just some light on it? Are you sure that light doesn't just mean "in sync", but actually "logged into Plusnet"? Maybe the router lost its Plusnet password somehow.

It seems to me you need an ethernet cable...Smiley

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 64

Re: Router says it’s connected to the internet but it doesn’t seem to work.

@camerongray How did she "re-set" the router....  ?    did she use a stiff wire/pin in the little hole to the reset button... i.e. re-set to Manufacturers settings,

Or..

Did she just power down, wait 30 seconds and reSTART it on power up, again ?

If the first.... then the default password will be used...( see your instruction booklet or little card with the Wireless Network details on it.

If the second, then your devices should " see " the router but may need to apply the changed, or default password to access it...