Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router SNR

craig_p
Grafter

Router SNR

Hi
I have a netgear dg834 v2 router with 3 computers and an X box conneted to it. Two pc use wireless connection and are on Vista  the others are hard wired. My noise margin sits between 10 and 12 db most of the time. If somthing is uploaded onto say Facebook, the noise margin drops to around 3 db and causes the Xbox live to lag and loose its connection. It goes back up when it has finished upload. Could this be a faulty router?
Any ideas would be great
Thanks
craig
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Router SNR

Hi Craig,
I certainly haven't ever heard of noise margin being impacted by a connections downloading or uploading.
Does it always happen whenever you upload?  I'd be inclined to try using a different router if that is the case.
craig_p
Grafter

Hi James..
Yes it seems to. Thats the only time the x box ever suffers lag on it.  its driving me mad as all other services work fine I havn't got another router to try but maybe Plusnet could supply me with one as I have no intention of leaving.  Roll_eyes
Denzil
Grafter

I believe if you raise a support ticket requesting one of the Thompson 585s, agreeing to stay for twelve months, and agreeing a P&P charge of £6.99, they will send you one. Always good to have a spare router anyway.
James
Grafter

Hi Craig,
As Denzil says, we'll be happy to send you one for a postage charge of £6.99 if you're happy to stick with us for another year.
craig_p
Grafter

Hi
Ill raise a ticket the as I have no intention of moving.
Thanks Smiley