Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Query and BT sport query

wildty
Dabbler

Router Query and BT sport query

Hi
Just had my router arrive in the post ready for my fibre install on Tuesday. I understand that a bt openrach fibre modem will plug into it via the dsl slot. The router itself looks no different to any other adsl router. Based on that can I use my netgear router in conjuction with the fibre modem? I understand that I may need to manually input my plus net logging details.
Secondly I ordered btsport today and put in my sky viewing card number. The next page said a new card is on its way?! Is that just the default message?  I definitely confirmed that I had my own card.
Thanks for the help in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Router Query and BT sport query

I understand that a bt openrach fibre modem will plug into it via the dsl slot.
No, it plugs into LAN port 4, see the guide here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-fibre-setup-guide.shtml. Although the router looks like a normal ADSL modem/router , it has different firmware which turns LAN port 4 into a WAN port to allow the ethernet connection to the modem. Some other modem/routers have that ability but without knowing what model yours is , its not possible to say if your Netgear does.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wildty
Dabbler

Thanks for that MisterW. I have a netgear dgn2200 v3.
From what I can tell I don't think I will be able to use my router then. Shame as I only bought it less than a year ago. 
Now I just need to sort out my bt sport!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

From what I can tell I don't think I will be able to use my router then
I'm afraid not. From what I can see the DGN2200 doesn't support what's often called an EWAN port.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wildty
Dabbler

Hi
Not sure if any plus net staff can help? I am still awaiting the activation of my BT SPORT? Put the order in on Saturday but still nothing, over 72 hours later. The website said 48 hours.
Thanks
Tyrone
DanHodby
Grafter

Hey Tyrone,
We have to wait until there's an active service before we can place the BT sport order. As your order is due to complete on Tuesday I'll keep an eye on this for you and make sure we get the channel up and running as soon as possible.
I'll update a ticket on your account as well.