Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning excess router procedure

zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Returning excess router procedure

I was sent the wrong router. Then the correct router. So now I have two. I was told I should be returning the mistaken one.
On the address label for the latest router there is a bit that says peel off for returns. If I peel this off I get a sticker with a bar code on it. Is this it? Do I just put this sticker on the box and put it into the post. I wonder if I should not be putting some sort of address on the box as well or something?
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Returning excess router procedure

The sticker should have an address on it too, is this not the case?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zxcvbnm
Rising Star

Actually looking at it the whole thing could be peeled off to form a large sticker.

Top left is a barcode and order date and a note saying "lift here to return", forming a small separate sticker if removed.
Bottom left is my address and some order details.
On the right hand side is some royalmail markings and then a large barcode.

This is from the celophane wrapper from the second router. I'm afraid I don't have the celophane from first delivery as I did not realise it was important and it was two weeks before it became clear it was the wrong thing.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll send you a bag out, that sounds like the easiest way to sort this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zxcvbnm
Rising Star

OK. Well in the meantime here is a picture of my return label if anyone has any ideas. i can peel off either bar code and the whole label peels off to become a new label. I worry though that as it has my address on it prominently if I just stick the entire label on the router and post it then it will just return back to me...
I would really appreciate not ending up getting charged £40 for this. 
jim:quote
zxcvbnm
Rising Star

I still have not received a return pack? Two people have now said it will be sent...
If you want me to just keep the router say so but its a pain having it hanging over my head as an unreturned item I may one day be billed for.
Perhaps I should start charging storage and then throw it in the bin when its payed off.

By the way is there really no way to contact plus.net through email or a support ticket without telephoning and queuing? Perhaps I'm must overlooking the link?
Thanks.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Support ticket route http://www.plus.net/wizard/
zxcvbnm
Rising Star

Thank-you that did it.  I'm afraid I did not realize it was possible to get to an ask a question bit. Now I know. Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I rather suspect your returns bags might have been sent to jasonfreeman - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121953.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)