cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Upload speeds

David_W
Rising Star

Restrict Upload speeds

I'm downloading a piece of software that updates via P2P (yeah, I know) but doesn't understand the "if you upload at 40K/sec, you can't download" aspect of ADSL, which obviously means my upload is killing the time left to download (17 hours to go).  Is there any way to cap my upload speed to a specific piece of software to 15k/sec?  I'm using Windows 7, the software is using P2P over UPnP apparently.
/edit - found a beta for netlimiter 3 that works on Windows 7, only now my download speed dropped too, grrr, I hate P2P >.<
3 REPLIES 3
scootie
Grafter

Re: Restrict Upload speeds

what download speed you gettin on this p2p. remember p2p is rate limited unless your on the pro package
matt_2k34
Grafter

Been using netlimiter for years
Cant go wrong  Cool
David_W
Rising Star

I am unable to discuss the download I'm downloading due to an NDA, however, in 13 hours I've managed a MASSIVE....... 1.7Gb.  It's not PN's fault however, others have downloaded the download perfectly fine.  It's driving me around the bend and I'm pulling my hair out.  Would PN let me come PlusNet towers and borrow all 7Gb of their bandwidth for, I dunno, 3 seconds?  Crazy