Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset on Startup

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Reset on Startup

Running an old Pentium III with XP.
Everytime we start up I have to go through Run SETUP before getting to windows. After running setup, everything is fine apart from the pain of having to reset date / time.
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Re: Reset on Startup

The message I get is 'CMOS' settings are wrong. F1 to run SETUP F" to load default values and contine.
I can go either way to fix. Usually F2. Once this is done, windows opens OK and everything runs fine. Power down PC. Switch back on. Same message again.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Excellent. No problem with working inside. I will find the little fella and get it replaced. Thank you  Smiley
samuria
Grafter

Some old MB also have rechargeable batteries so leaving the pc on for a couple of days may solve it. A lot of old MB that had a none replaceable battery ie it was soldered to the board have pins close to the battery and you used to be able to get a little plugin box which you could put AA batteries.
If it is a soldered in one you can solder wires onto the battery and stick 6 volt on it from any dc source
Rich
Grafter

Quote from: samuria
If it is a soldered in one you can solder wires onto the battery and stick 6 volt on it from any dc source

Careful - 6 volts may be to much, some require 3v or 3.6v.  Also, check polarity (+ and -).

Richard