Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Mint 18 with Windows 7 Professional

FIXED
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Replacing Mint 18 with Windows 7 Professional

@shutter, I'm very pleased you got this sorted in the end.  

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Did you mange to get rid of the Linux partition?  Windows will not be able to use that part of the disk until you do.

In Windows, right click Computer and select Manage.  Click Disk Management in the left hand pane and you should get a view of the disk layout similar to the one in your first post.

One option is to right click the Linux partition (if it is still there) and select Delete Volume.  Then right click the C: drive and select Extend.Volume and extend it to fill all the available space so you have one big C: partition.  The other option is to reformat the free space into a second 😧 partition (or you can choose to assign whatever drive letter you want).          

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ReedRichards  Yes I did ... it was all "so easy" with that linky ! ! ... It was easy enough to recognise, as the size (used by linux)  was shown on C;/ when it was Linux  ( I made a note of it, just in case ! ! )

Also when you right click on it, ( to delete it )... there is a message saying " This partition was not made by windows, any operating system and files will be deleted"  ( or something)... so that was a "bit of a giveaway" ! ! ! ...