cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote access to an office network

juliasdream
Grafter

Remote access to an office network

I want to be able to access my office network remotely from my laptop either through the internet or using dial-up so that everything works exactly the same as though I were at my office work station.
Could anyone please advise or send me a link where I could learn the options and solutions
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
itsme
Grafter

Re: Remote access to an office network

VPN very secure but will have an outlay. A cheaper option is Log me In this can be free to remotely access and control a single PC. This company also offer other alternatives.
Tyreal74
Grafter

you could use tightvnc to ontrol your computer but you need to have some network knowledge to get it to work, also there is gotomypc.com which offer remote desktop for about £10 a month
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Crossloop is a great program - works very easily and no configuration needed.  It is a front end shell that uses VPN and  TigntVNC software.  This is invisible and no knowledge needed to set up.  No need to register with Crossloop just down load and use.
www.crossloop.com
Problem of course will be how to you turn on your work PC if you are not there?
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Have times changed? When I was working for an IT company a few years back, I only had to logon to their web server from home with my company email address and it operated a bit like PN webmail no real setting up to speak of, dead easy. Could be though that security matters have changed nowadays.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
mcgurka
Grafter

PJ, I would be interested to know how your two factor authentication system works, Im looking for a solution just now, so far the only thing I have come across is RSA SecurID, which is extremly expensive!
Scott
samuria
Grafter

What do you actually want to do. Control your office pc, get office email, print to the office pc, access a server?
Depending on what you want tells us what your options are. Do you logon to a server at work or are you using a workgroup?