cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReminderFOX.... transfer of diary events to new hdd ? help Please.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

ReminderFOX.... transfer of diary events to new hdd ? help Please.

OK.. found the Reminderfox .ics file dated 24/94/2010  iCalendar file  4kb on my old hdd....
is this the one that holds all my previous appointments/reminders? and do I just copy and paste it into the new hdd reminderfox  folder dated 11/09/2012 and 1 kb in size ? or what  ?
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: ReminderFOX.... transfer of diary events to new hdd ? help Please.

Quote from: shutter
24/94/2010

24th day of the 94th month of 2010?  I don't remember 2010 lasting that long.
shutter
Community Veteran

That is the most useful reply so far....what a pity you have to nit pick, instead of being really useful. Sad
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Oh come on, Shutter, my question was not just nit-picking.  I was trying to work out why anyone would want to see old reminders and appointments from what appears to be two years ago.  Now you might respond that there are recurring events like birthdays but I have come across some old calendars, like the Works one, that cannot cope with such things when they export their data so everything is shown as a one-off event.
Anway, the normal thing to do when transferring such data would be to export it to a file from your old computer and import it back on the new one.  So the first thing I would try is to see if Remiderfox can import from your old file.  Maybe the straight substitution you propose would work, maybe it would mess things up completely.  You could create a new (temporary) user account if you want to experiment.      
shutter
Community Veteran

Yes, well, it is much easier to transfer a file with all the previous diary dates, as "one click" , than it is to try to enter them all again.  If a simple file transfer can achieve this, then I see no point in spending half a day doing it.... isn`t that what computers are all about?
As I did not know how the system works, I asked for advice on this forum , and got a nit picking response, regarding an obvious mistype in the dates.  I am surprised that someone with your knowledge and experience of the inward workings of computers, would even contemplate the reply that you gave.
However, thank you for part two of your previous response. Much more what I expected.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Did it work?