Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals not being logged

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Referrals not being logged

Hi
Just lately, the people I am signing up to plus net are not being automatically added to my referral list even though at times I am filling the form in for them and correctly entering my user name “compsupport” in the referrer’s box. Please don’t tell me I or they must be doing something wrong, I have started taking screen prints so I can prove what I am saying is correct.  It used to be that new signups would show on my list as "pre signup" or some other info to indicate the signup process state, this no longer  happens - why? I have to ask people to raise a ticket to get me added as the referrer, but not all of them remember and some struggle and give up, and it’s difficult to keep track of them all. 
Also when people use the plusnet ad link on my website, the sign up form returns a  500 Internal Server Error. I am told that plus net is aware there is a fault with the banner code and plus net is trying to fix it, but it has been going on for ages. I have over 150 active referral records but I am now beginning to lose the will to refer new customers to plusnet.
Can someone at plusnet possibly add a test customer to see what is going wrong?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Referrals not being logged

Hi there,
I've checked your referral additions and it seems there have been some added recently, if you could PM the username across of the latest one's you've added I'll confirm that with you.
The 500 Internal Server Error is something that we currently have a problem(73128) raised to rectify this. I'll chase this up to see what the estimated roll out time for this is.
Dx7
Rising Star

Hi Chris
Sent you a PM Wednesday with details new unlogged referrals (including a link to a  screen shot of an order plus telephone numbers so you can contact them all for confirmation that my username is being given correctly)  still had no response and I am assuming you cannot help with this continuing problem  so I will just continue get them all to raise tickets after their broadband goes live.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've not received any PM from you? Can you try again?
Dx7
Rising Star

Hi Chris
I got the following notification to indicate it had been sent...
Sent: Wed 08/05/2013 14:45
Hello chrispurvey,
The following is an email sent to you by Dx7 via your account on Forum. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address at community@plus.net
Message sent to you follows
Hi Chris
Thanks for helping me with this.
The last four or five referrals logged on my list have not been automatically logged by the system and all have had to raise tickets for me, with each of these new customers  I have helped filled in the online  order forms in at their homes, so I know its been done 100% correctly. 
I Now have (four new unlogged users,) one has just gone live, and three are waiting for activation...
======================================================
Two have now gone live and they have raised tickets.  I will PM it again in its  entirety Chris.  Thanks for the help!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've picked your message up, thanks for that.
They're all now in the process of being added to your account along with the two you mentioned have already gone live.
Sorry for the confusion.