cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of Deleted Texts

Mally

Recovery of Deleted Texts

Please please help.

My partner accidently deleted her texts from one number and needs to recover them. These are very sentimental texts which were not backed up. I have heard this is possible. Her number is still EE 

My question is. Is there an App? Can a shop do it? Or can we even get a printed copy from the service provider.

Please help as she is in tatters.

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Plusnet Mobile Text Message Issues

Moderator's note:

Moved to Tech Help and removed the two other threads created as cross-posting is not allowed on these forums.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You won't get a copy from EE even if they do have them - they'd never admit to it due to all the public hoo haa about the government spying etc.

There is a slight possibility that the texts are stored in a database and just marked as deleted but still kept (thats how most websites work) but this would be a very VERY slim chance.

For future ref, if your messaging app supports it, always lock sms messages that are important.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Call me cynical but I suspect this is a setup for spam.

Mally

Davey H... I can assure you that this isn't spam and is genuine. If the Mods what to check any verification I am more than happy to provide my numbers to them with the billing address..

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

unless you've got a backup of the texts then you're screwed.
you didn't mention what kind of phone it was, and if you are actually talking about text (sms) messages, or whatsapp messages, or imessage (if an iphone) etc etc.

if it's an iphone then they would have been backed up via icloud (assuming you had it turned on), but i'm not sure if deleting them would also delete them from the backup (or icloud has recursive backups).

if android, then the texts are stored in a file, but if you've deleted them then they would also be deleted from that file.

lesson here is - don't save stuff that is important or has any value (be it sentimental or not) on a phone that can break, be lost/stolen at any point.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@DaveyH wrote:

Call me cynical but I suspect this is a setup for spam. 

Hello cynical how you doing today? Cheesy

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mally

Thanks Chenks..... It was after an arguement my partner had a tizzy and deleted it all... Thanks again.. Oh its a samsung S4 I believe..Its one of S's anyway