cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended VDSL2 modem

Syst3mSh0ck

Recommended VDSL2 modem

Hey people, I've just got FTTC 80/20 and I'm waiting for it to become active. I'm just wondering what a top-rated VDSL2 modem for residential or small business use would be? I currently have an Openreach supplied ECI B-Focus (Rev I) modem that I plan to use that uses a Lantiq VRX268 chipset, how is this regarded by PN, does anyone else use one, and are there any issues with the device?
Many thanks!  Wink
3 REPLIES 3
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Recommended VDSL2 modem

depends on several factors.
Do you want a combined router/modem or just a router.
How much you want to spend.
If just a router then any that support 100Mb wan and pppoe are fine.
For a combined then you have a few to choose from.
I use a TP-link TP9980 (about 70-80 quid) have used a TG-589 (about 50-70).
Others use the Asus range (something like 150)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Not necessarily an answer but a useful reference here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14436.0
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Syst3mSh0ck

Thanks for the info. I've done a bit of digging and it seems the ECI Telecom modem is a good one. The reason I ask is that I want to make sure I minimize any disconnects, FEC/HEC/CRC and Error Seconds on my new shiny broadband. I wouldn't mind a Draytek Vigor 130 but they are lots of £££. I'll stick with this ECI for now and use an Asus RT-AC56U to handle the PPP login and routing.