Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations on DVD Recorder

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Recommendations on DVD Recorder

Hi All
I am wanting to get a New DVD Recorder that is Region-Free, and ignores copyright protection, from October 2013 fair use allows format shifting, I.E. move from one format to a nuther, such as moving VHS Movies To DVD, wich is what I am wanting to do!
6 REPLIES 6
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Recommendations on DVD Recorder

Oh I see, so you'll be connecting the VHS to the DVD recorder with a SCART cable? If you're making your own DVDs (which you seem to be indicating) then usually regions and copy protection do not come in to it.
That's RPM to you!!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Copy protection I.E. Macrovision for one is on a lot of the old VHS Tapes that I want to move to DVD, I do have one of these:
Vice1000-2
But it does not always work, it go's from the VCR to my Panasonic DMR-EZ49V DVD Combi Recorder

The Panasonic DMR-EZ49V has a nasty habit of putting up the message copy protection detected, then kils the recording, I.E. Stops Recording the VHS Tape on to DVD
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Get a PC.  Cheesy
Burn your DVD to your hard disk and play via ethernet to your TV.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Do you know how hard it is to Rip VHS Tapes on a PC?
I will stik with VCR to DVD Recorder.
And saying Get a PC is not funny, I have 3 PC's right next to me.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Just ignore Jeremy's comment, as it's quite clear he didn't read what you've said already.
Having said that, you could do it via a computer though, just need a video in box and apropriate software to record the feed live. Then once it's saved convert it to DVD MPEG2.
Also about Macrovision, it's possible that because your Pana is a combo it picks it up as it's already 'built in' with it being a VCR. I am unsure if a standalone DVD-r will prove any better as I've not had to try it out myself yet (not really been any need to other than out of curiosity). Not exactly much help there I'm afraid.  Sad
That's RPM to you!!
CX
Grafter

I've had great success with a JVC S-VHS VCR (HR-S7955EK), which has a built-in TBC. But this was capturing in HuffYUV format on a PC, and encoding later as interlaced 704x576 h.264 (or MPEG2, if going to a DVD).