cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation / advice re a wi-fi extender

bikerant

Recommendation / advice re a wi-fi extender

Hi there,

we have a older house and find that signal from router is weak further from our Technicolor router (which is in the middle of the house).  Bought a NetGear extender but was unable to pair with it...subsequently saw on Amazon reviews that it wasn't compatible with PlusNet.  

Instead, I am thinking about getting a COMFAST 300Mbps WiFi Repeater WiFi Extender Booster which is reviewed on Amazon as working with Plusnet...

Can anyone offer advice on whether there is an extender available that will work, isn't too dear and will be fairly easy to install?

Thanks in advance  

4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Recommendation / advice re a wi-fi extender

@bikerant  Instead of buying ANOTHER extender ....

why not dump the Plusnet router and buy a Netgear router/modem,

that WILL work  with the Netgear extender you have already bought .  ? ? ?

I bought a Netgear router from Ebay seller.. and that works on PlusNet ADSL.. no problem .  ! ! ..

bikerant

Ok, thanks - if i did, any particular spec that I should look for in a Netgear unit?  Is the Netgear router likely to improve the performance or is that down to the line signal strength?

cheers

Tony

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@bikerant  I`m not an expert on Netgear routers... ! ! ... I just needed another make of router, because I am leaving Plusnet after almost 12 years.. and the Plusnet router would not work with my new supplier.. !

You can "hang around" on here, and wait for someone who is better acquainted with routers to answer your queston... or you could go to the netgear site... see if the have a q&a section or can contact them via email and ask them direct...

bikerant

Ok, thanks for the advice...

cheers

Tony