Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rechargeable batteries.

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Rechargeable batteries.

Can anyone suggest done rechargeable batteries that actually hold their charge?
I have three different sorts of rechargeable batteries which all charge ok, but over the course of a few weeks delete. So frustrating getting the camera out and finding that ALL the batteries, both in and out of camera, are flat.
I need AA batteries and a new charger may be a good idea too, as ours is about ten years old.
Any advice from experience would be appreciated thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Rechargeable batteries.

Eneloop will do exactly what you want
I would go for an intelligent charger which monitors each cell individually
This is what I bought http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0071LH7EI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
cajef
Grafter

Tried various ones in my old camera that takes AA batteries, ended up using Sanyo Eneloop's they are not cheap but worth paying that bit extra for, they hold their charge superbly, I also use an intelligent charger which automatically adjusts the charge for the correct amount and changes to a very low trickle charge when the batteries are fully charged.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-2450mAh-Eneloop-BK-3HCCE-Battery/dp/B00JWC40JY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&...
Edit :- Just noticed that Panasonic have taken over the brand name Sanyo.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks guys. Two responses and both fir the same product. Will definitely look at getting some. I thought it was a wise choice getting a camera that used batteries rather than had a dedicated power pack - but now not so sure.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It was a wise choice
That is what mine does and I just change the batteries when needed even when out and about
You can also stuff a pair of standard alkali batteries in instead in an emergency
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Possible (cheaper?) alternative here:http://www.7dayshop.com/aa-rechargeable-batteries/7dayshop-good-to-go-aa-pre-charged-long-life-rechargeable-batteries-2150mah-4-pack
Low self discharge batteries keep their charge for much longer than normal NiMH batteries
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I haven't checked recently but there was a review which said that they weren't as good as Eneloop
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Another vote for Eneloop batteries. Bought a starter set on offer at Costco several months ago. It had 8AA and 8AAA batteries and the Sanyo charger for under twenty quid. The batteries worked out of the packet and have charged well since.
If you want to check out which Eneloop battery is which and what it's capacity is, look at http://budgetlightforum.com/node/7336 which is the main source for information on all types of  Eneloop batteries every made. Also tells you how to spot the fakes too.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've always been satisfied with these http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Rechargeable-Performance-Ni-Mh-Batteries/dp/B003DUAEKA/ref=sr_1_6?i...
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

These Vapex claim to be nearly as good as Eneloops, and having used them for a couple of years I agree.
A good reliable supplier, too.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that. Vapex do look good. Going to order done of both and compare them. Got to take into account that the eneloop batteries can be charged twice as many times (according to vendor on amazon , up to 2,100 times.).
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I bought some ReCyko batteries for my camera when the original sony ones gave up.
That was a few years ago. Still going strong and still hold a good "non disappearing" charge.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I buy my rechargable batteries in morrisons....about £7.50 for 4 AA 2500 batteries...  Smiley
and I cut a sticky lable with the date on it... when first charged.. so i know how long they have lasted....
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

The mass of rechargeable batteries I have are mostly ones that Aldi sold (Activ Energy or something like that), bought about 8 years back, still working fine with full capacity, the self-discharge rate is better than some of the other popular off-the-shelf brands (such as Uniross) I've used and thrown out because they're completely dead from being lightly used... Smiley
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Quote from: Force
These Vapex claim to be nearly as good as Eneloops, and having used them for a couple of years I agree.
A good reliable supplier, too.

Ive also bought these and they are excellent.