Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rechargable battery problem

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Rechargable battery problem

Got a set of Rechargable batteried... had them a couple of years, or maybe a bit longer, 

012.JPG

They all show 1.43 volts on my voltmeter, but refuse to open the waste bin auto opening lid... and refuse to power the blood pressure machine... ( just give a kind of "thud"  and show a zero )..

I have several sets of different makes of rechargable batteries.. some have got the date I bought them... and are reporting over 10 years in regular use...

I am assuming these batteries have gone "memory thick" or something, with the charging... so how can I safely discharge them and re-charge them... ( bear in mind they don`t actually seem to have enough any "amps" in them for any work ... just the voltage )..

Also note... that when put into a charger.. they do not show any "charge" lights, as others do... ( and the others still show a charge light, even when fully charged... )

2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Rechargable battery problem

my charger gives options for recovering batteries which can work https://www.amazon.co.uk/Technoline-Intelligent-Professional-Standard-battery/dp/B003S4JQS2

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Rechargable battery problem

@Oldjim  Mine ( 3 ) don`t .