cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really hope SteamOS takes off.

dragon2611
Grafter

Really hope SteamOS takes off.

As per title, if SteamOS does well then there will be more games on Linux, more people using Linux for gaming will hopefully mean that AMD/Nvidia actually release some drivers that work properly*  and that would benefit more than just people using SteamOS.
*Well I say work properly but I'm not even sure they do that on windows to be honest  Wink 
5 REPLIES 5
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Really hope SteamOS takes off.

I notice that Stream have dropped Ubuntu as the base and switched to Debian. Opening it even more.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Well people seem quite serious about the steambox in general, it has a good following as far as i can see,  http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1304632/valve-names-initial-steam-box-hardware-partners As for steamOS i'm waiting for the release.
HalfShaft
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

steamOS yes, steambox no.
Really who is steamboxes aimed at? Console fanboys will look at the price and limited selection of AAA titles and walk away, and PC gamers who already have a good rig wont want to spend the money on a 2nd PC just for games - I certanly fall into the latter catagory.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Haven`t a clue what you are on about, so I googled it... and found this.....
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/01/24/steam-machines-are-pointless-and-valve-is-struggl...
Seems like Steam has been around for 10.5 years... and yet, I have only just heard about it.... on this forum...
seems like it is dead in the water from what the article, and the comments at the end say.....
HalfShaft
Dabbler
Fixes: 1