cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Compatible laser printer toner

Mav
Fixes: 514

I have a Brother HL-2250DN monochrome laser printer. I have already had to replace the toner once a couple of years ago when I used an original but now it seems too expensive.

Has anyone got experience of using compatible toners like this for instance? Are they liable to clog up the workings or can they be just as good as originals?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES 6
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I've never bothered with the manufacturers brand of toner - but I've only got a cheap printer (about £100). I always use compatible toners, especially as the cartridge includes the drum.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Same here, although I have a Lexmark colour, no problems using compatible. The savings add up!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Mav

Thanks

I'll give the compatible idea a go.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a supplier?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Not got a laser mav but I use cartridge people, and never had any issues with the ink or any leakage from the compatibles. I would suspect they would come with a guarantee if they foul up your printer.
Mav

Thanks @penfold.

Although for my particular printer the cartridge is much more expensive than the one in my OP.

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

A genuine set of toners for my HP CP2025dn is around £300 on that site, and compatibles, £110........ Crazy2

But that said, I print so infrequently (the reason I got a laser, as they don't have ink that dries up when unused) that I've made my toner last for quite a long time, can't check the levels at the moment as the printer is powered off,  but I'd say I've got plenty left in there... Smiley

But that said, to get two of the current toners in there, I just bought another, but faulty, printer (first one, £36, 2nd one, er, £36!!!) which had nearly-full genuine HP toner cartridges fitted, and still have a Black & Cyan each spare from that one sat in the drawer in an antistatic bag, so saved a heck of a lo of money, and I have a load of spare parts if I need to repair the printer... Smiley