cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry Pi chat

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: Raspberry Pi chat

I think I might have that for pudding tonight now, you put me in the mood for it! Wink
TORPC
Grafter

I going in for second helping(s) hope SWMBO dont slap my hand when I go & pinch some more  Tongue Roll_eyes  Lips_are_sealed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Now you've got my mouth watering Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

This IS not chit chat so please keep it on topic!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Sorry Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
TORPC
Grafter

Sorry x 2  Embarrassed
picbits
Rising Star

Got bored earlier so had a little play with some new screens I got from China - they were £3.60 delivered. Not the easiest of things to get going but not overly complicated either.
Worth a few quid to have a play with Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I've got a Raspberry Pi, which is gathering dust (literally).
It presently has XBMC + internet connectivity + a HDMI connection to my tv.
But I don't ever use it... Embarrassed
Any suggestions for giving it a purpose in life (that doesn't cost much)?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm using my Rasberry Pi with Openelec. I've got it streaming youtube but most interesting I've found my complete record collection which is on ITunes on my PC and it plays that  Cheesy
don't know how it got there does anyone know if Easy Phone Sync produces a mirror file system when you transfer your ITunes to an Android device?  Sad
BTW Openelec plays Airplay for the IPad as well!
I'm looking to use a Raspberry for home automation I have Lightwaverf dimmers and switches and  a Lightwaverf wifi link for remote control but SWMBO is wanting a new kitchen and would like to automate that 
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Quote from: DomS
Got bored earlier so had a little play with some new screens I got from China - they were £3.60 delivered. Not the easiest of things to get going but not overly complicated either.
Worth a few quid to have a play with Smiley

Is that the 1.8" or the 2.5" screens?
What did you use a to connect them?
I've been playing with an Arduino Uno recently, got a 2x16 screen with keypad for £2 delivered, and some sensors. Re-living the early 80's when I did my HNC in Electronics. Led's, pots, resistors & even ultrasonic transducers (99p delivered!)
picbits
Rising Star

That is the 2.2" 320x240 colour LCD screen from Banggood.com (my pictures are on their site too).
It is connected via SPI - around 7 or 8 wires off the top of my head including the backlight and power pins.
I was going to have a play with one of the character modules I had knocking around but got sidetracked and had a play with this instead  Grin
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: PeterLoftus
I'm using my Rasberry Pi with Openelec. I've got it streaming youtube but most interesting I've found my complete record collection which is on ITunes on my PC and it plays that  Cheesy

Well, it was but the work of a minute to load OpenElec.  Cheesy
Unfortunately my remote doesn't appear to work, so I had to plug a mouse in to configure it.
Couldn't work out how to connect any source except my video mp4 files on a PC.
However, my tv can play these via a builtin DLNA lash-up (and the remote works too)
There doesn't appear to be any way to access i-anything in Linux (with the exception of iTunes U, which is free University course material).
I would be interested in downloading streamed HD material that is free of charge and preferably free of DRM too...

HairyMcbiker
All Star

I've been using OpenElec (V3) for about a year, must admit I only use it to stream from my "server" via NFS shares, not from the net.
Look at the ad-ons section for TV plugin's to play stuff from the net.
Your remote should work,might be worth having a google about xbmc & your remote. (I use an old xbox V1 DVD remote & sensor)
VileReynard
Hero

I suppose I could use it as a server - if I had use for a server...

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I don't really think the pi would be powerful enough to be a server. My windows machine is far more powerful but still takes 7 seconds to perform a select operation from mysql with multiple joins and then display the page. I don't think the pi could beat that although it does have SSD speed on its side.
I have considered using it for a router / wifi AP / repeater / bridge etc though..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!