cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapidshare downloads

esseff
Grafter

Rapidshare downloads

I've noticed over the last few days that a single off-peak RS download seems to be capped at 1mb/s. Can anyone confirm this, as it's my experience, and has it anything to do with the traffic issues going on at the moment?
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Rapidshare downloads

On your account type, downloading from download sites are restricted between 4pm and midnight down to 512kbs. Take a look here for more detail: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/broadband_premier_archive.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
esseff
Grafter

Hi Chris
I did say OFF-peak. Which means upto 4pm is when I'm seeing the issue.
Chris
Legend

Sorry, missed that completely!!
Today would have most likely been caused by the traffic management issues, however these have only been occurring today so anything prior wouldn't have been.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
esseff
Grafter

No Probs.  Smiley
It's been happening for a several days now.
Are you saying there's nothing in place to cause this to happen that you know of?
It's too close to the same figure each time to be anything but throttled.
If I download 2 files at the same time, I get close to my full line speed of 2 mb/s. I don't always have more than one to download though. So something is definitely getting in the way.
esseff
Grafter

a bit more info.
The change seems to take place at around 8.00am. Before 8, I can download a single file at full speed, after 8 (i just thought of chocolate mints) the throttling comes in. As my off-peak continues after 8, there might be something applied to my profile that shouldn't be there.
Having said that. If there was throttling going on, it wouldn't matter how many files i downloaded at the same time, I probably wouldn't get line speed. So that doesn't necessarily make sense. I'm confused  Huh
Chris
Legend

Do Rapidshare have restrictions on the speed you can download items from them? I know some download sites only allow Xkbps unless you pay for premium accounts.
esseff
Grafter

I have a premium account with them, and no, download speeds are way more than I can reach.