Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RapidShare Speed

kieran
Dabbler

RapidShare Speed

Hi,
I was just wondering if you'd changed your policy on RS at all? I know you cap during the day, and more so at peak times; but it's quarter past midnight now and I'm getting just under 30 KB/s, instead of my usual 600+.
I've restarted the router to see if that was the issue; it wasn't.
I've also done a speedtest:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/845532629.png
And I'm using a download manager (Flashget). Nothing in the way I download has changed recently, and the last time I checked my RapidShare speeds was on the 8th June, and they were fine.  
Edit:
I just did Plus Net's fault checker and thankfully it came back as:
No problem found  
The initial checks confirmed there are no known external problems that might be causing your connection difficulties. The next stage will take you through a series of checks that will identify if the problem is with your broadband setup or hardware.
Basically, I just want to know if PlusNet has changed their speed capping policy for RapidShare (I've not checked similar sites such as MegaUpload since I'm not a premium member). Or, is it just happening to me?
Edit 2:
Thought it may be worth mentioning that a) I have a RS premium account (so RS won't be given me any capped speeds) and b) My premium quota for RapidShare is still full, which means I've got plenty of bandwidth available from RS).
Regards,
Kieran
3 REPLIES 3
kieran
Dabbler

Re: RapidShare Speed

Just posting an update at 00:48.
Speeds seem to have decreased further, to just over 20 KB/s.
kieran
Dabbler

1:08 update.
BT Speedtester gave the below result.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 4811 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-5500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Assured Rate IP profile on your line is - 5500 Kbps
Which is what I fully expected tbh.
And RS speeds seem to be back up to normal. Can't see what I done differently, but it's evident that it was neither mine, nor Plus Nets fault. Sorry for wasting your time guys.
Regards,
Kieran (A very happy customer)!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
It's likely to have been because everyone's scheduled downloads kick off at midnight (you'll often see random speeds for the first hour of the unmetered period).