Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

RMA

I don't know what people here have experience of a RMA , but recently my PSU a XFX 750w black edition went dead  Embarrassed i bought it from " Aria PC" on the 17/07/11 value of £77.50 +p&p £9.99 .
Tue 27th i received a RMA number to return it to them , Post office special delivery , cost £22.70 next day delivery insured an sign for at delivery .
Now the fun starts , they tested it 2/4/12 yes its faulty BUT we no longer stock it ! so we have to sent it to XFX for testing 28 days !!!! IF they say its Dead they will replace or refund Aria , But i have to wait till then  Embarrassed .
according to their web site if the no longer stock an item they will replace it with a equivalent replacement or refund .
NOT ! if i don't wait the  28 days i can have a refund but at a lower value as its now used and cheaper to buy  Shocked
so basically i dont think i will advise anyone to use " ARIA PC " crap customer service 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: RMA

It isn't just Aria it is the XFX RMA system - which is why I will never buy an XFX product
If you have a look at the Scan forums you will see the same problems
Regarding refund taking into account the use you have had of it - Scan operate the same system - it is based upon the expected life being the warranty period.
As far as i know this has never been taken to court although it probably isn't legal under the Sale of Goods Act
Mav
Fixes: 514

The Sale of Goods Act is quite clear on repairs:
[quote=Sale of Goods Act]If the retailer offers to repair the good, they must do this within a reasonable time, at no additional cost to the consumer and without causing any significant inconvenience. Alternatively, if repair is impossible or unfeasible, the consumer should be offered a replacement good on a ‘like for like’ basis (and not simply the cheapest and most basic model). If a repair or replacement is not offered, any refund given may take account of any use the consumer may have had of the good since they took possession of it, and the purchase price reduced by an appropriate amount.
But what constitutes a reasonable time is subject to debate.
My experience with Aria is quite different.
A PC I purchased from them on behalf of my mother had a faulty wireless card. I receievd the RMA email the next day and it was collected by courier the day after. That was last week. It is now on the way back to my mother's. Obviously I need to go round and check it but fingers crossed...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Mav , looks like you had a piece of luck there  Wink , maybe because the PC was a Aria made PC and they had no choice but to repair themselves.
i posted my comments on the Aria forums , and it looks like it is Normal practice for them to automatically make you wait 28 days, what ever you return so they get their refund from the manufacturer first before their customers are sorted out  :-[.
in fact there is a few complaints there already , also i have pointed out <that no where on their web site it mentions this ! in fact all they advertise on the site is "Our aim is to arrange refunds within seven working days but this may take longer during busy periods." and,, If you return a faulty item and that product has been discontinued, we will replace this for a similar specification item or a like for like replacement product...
I am no expert but if this is what they are advertising but in fact dont do either is it false advertising ?.
so far they have had my PSU  they received it on the  22 march , tested 27 march,  so close to four weeks and not looking like i will get another replacement  3 weeks  Crazy.
absolutely the worst customer care I have ever encounterd , lack of communication !   , Failed to return phone calls as promised, Failed to email as promised !.
And i am still waiting for Email confirmation that they tested it Faulty !!
link to Aria forums http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php/99581-Sorry-But-terrible-experience
Mav

I read a lot of problems with RMA on their forums and have been surprised that so many seem to sit back and take it - I wouldn't. I'd quote back to them their website T&C along with the SoG act, etc.
All my calls to their CS have been answered quickly and have obtained updates on how things have progressed each time and even had a call back when the relevant person was busy.
I am slightly disapointed that my mother's PC didn't arrive on Thursday but expect it could have been delayed as I requested they change the return address from mine to hers - this was after I was originally told it was about to go out.
You're right, I could just be lucky but I have been buying from them for a number of years and this was the first problem with any hardware I'd encountered.
Have just bought most of the components for my new PC from them. They arrived the next day and I have checked the boxes and everything seems to be in place.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yep Mav i have bought my parts from several retailers , Scan , CCL, and Aria , and have had no problems till now  Sad , Even Scan RMA worked for me they replaced a faulty headset in 5 days Smiley
I agree the whole system needs a overhaul , i hope when after the holiday the CS read all the comments and some changes are made  Wink
Mav

Scan has given me excellent RMA Service.
In Nov 2010 I purchased a 1.5TB HDD from them for SWMBO which was faulty (failed to format). A replacement was sent but we never got to test it till a few months later. On contacting Scan they had sold out of that model and didn't have any other 1.5TB available so sent a brand new 2TB replacement Smiley

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Update , Despite being Promised a phone call today to sort something out ,, Nowt Happened so i rang and asked what happened to the call i was promised ??  dont know was the reply ?so what happens now ? Nowt PSU is on way to supplier XFX dont know when we get a reply from them i was told , BUT i said it advertises on your web page "if you no longer stock a Item it will be replaced with a similar Item"
mm i dont know he said have to see manager ? will ring you back .
still waiting Sad
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

News  Wink  Smiley Smiley eventually they have Credited my account Fully  Cool so have ordered a new OCZ PSU  arrive Thursday