cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA my corsair PSU

wacky17
Grafter

RMA my corsair PSU

Well last night i was playing bc2 when bang my pc turned off so i thought 'power cut' but my monitor was still on. so the first thing i did was change the fuse in the plug and no change. I went on to the corsair website to find out that i have to spend 30 odd pounds to send it them in Holland for a replaement if they cant fix it.  Has anyone on this forum had to RMA their hardware with corsair and what was your experience?
9 REPLIES 9
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: RMA my corsair PSU

Hi wacky17,
I had to send back my HX520w power supply after a similar experience.  Despite the high cost of postage to their returns centre in Holland the service was very quick and I was upgraded to the HX620w in the process so I was happy.  IIRC the overall turn round time was about 7 days. Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is one advantage of buying Corsair parts from Scan you can RMA it through them.
Have you checked with the supplier
wacky17
Grafter

I dont think i can do the same thing with ebuyer Oldjim. Im going to send it on monday but im lucky that i didnt give my old psu away to friend as i would of been stuck. Thanks Alex Rolls I just hope it goes smoothly from monday.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If its less than 12 months old you return it to where you bought it from and they have to deal from then it.  If its someone like ebuyer they arrange a courier pickup usually
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Forget what I said about Scan - they seem to be up to their old tricks http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-hexus-after-sales-support/213213-need-clarification.html
Mav
Fixes: 514

That poster shouldn't be fobbed off by Scan.
It may be quicker to RMA Corsair but he can insist that Scan deals under the SoG Act.
My experience with Scan has always been excellent. Last year I had to return a 1.5TB hard drive within 3 weeks of receipt a little before Xmas. A replacement was returned within a few days. Unfortunately I never got round to connecting/testing it for several months due to family problems.
When I did try it out it, too, was faulty. They didn't have any replacements available to RMA'd a brand new 2TB Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Scan are notorious for their selective interpretation of the SOG
wacky17
Grafter

I gave ebuyer a call on Thursday morning and they accepted the rma so i dont have to pay 38 quid by sending it to holland. yesterday friday the courier picked it up so i think this is a result.  The psu was just over the 12 months old by a matter of days (3-4) but they could of still said no to the rma.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

and this is another example of why I will be very careful before buying anything from Scan
http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-hexus-after-sales-support/216305-problem-rma-255185-a.html
They will not refund the full purchase price as this is not their policy. The partial refund amount is calculated based on the “benefit of use” I have received. I won't go into detail regarding my opinion on this, suffice to say that the policy sucks. Also after I suggested that I would reasonably expect a top of the line Video Card to last for 5 years, and a reasonable expectation of a product lifetime could be the basis for a benefit of use calculation, Wesley stated "Generally speaking reasonability is deemed to be the length of time the warranty is issued for, If for example in your email, Gigabyte perceived the item to reasonably last for 5 years then this would be the warranty length they offer. If you purchase an item with a warranty length of 3 years then the perceived service time has to be 3 years." So I can only realistically expect an electrical item to last for the duration of the warranty? Really? So, as current examples, an iPad2 is only "reasonably" expected to last for a year as that is the standard warranty? I can only "reasonably expect" the 42" Viewsonic TV at £1151.99 (LN18094) to last for a year?

EDIT - it looks like this post has been deleted but at present it is still here
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:s2zjTmTb0bQJ:forums.hexus.net/scan-care-hexus-a...