cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGZOOKA Registery Cleaner

gillandkeith

REGZOOKA Registery Cleaner

Has anybody used the REGZOOKA Reg.Cleaner by BluePenguin Software Inc. They claim its 100% effective (guaranteed) Huh            I currently use Norton 360 3.0 and TuneUp 2009.
9 REPLIES 9
Interested
Grafter

Re: REGZOOKA Registery Cleaner

No. Have used perfect optimizer registry cleaner with great inital results on increase speed loading things like Control Panel. Didn't like tune up, tried it on trial version.
Have to say perfect optmizer has now updated to next version but seem far less effective than previous one.
However am also now using Windows Vista in built Disk Clean up and very slowly learning my way around the registry despite paying out for a lifetime subscription to Optimizer.
NB Perfect Optimizer is huge though for my laptop at around 450MB in size.
Best thing I did thanks to many helpful people on here was get rid of McAfee and use an alternative antivirus. Norton I believe is similar though slightly better in the size department.
My dad had used REGCURE and likes that.
Denzil
Grafter

Quote from: gillandkeith
They claim its 100% effective (guaranteed)

That's a big claim.
Haven't used that one, but can recommend <a href="http://www.ccleaner.com/">CCleaner</a> and <a href="http://www.abexo.com/free-registry-cleaner.htm">Abexo</a>.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

It's not the one that's 100% effective that gets my vote,
It's the one that's 100% non-destructive.
DM
Not applicable

I've tried one or two free reg cleaners but I agree with previous comment about being 100% non destructive and I only deleted what I definitely knew could be deleted safely. Lots of entries were left because I just couldn't understand what they wanted to remove and didn't want to mess things up.
Now I use CCleaner and it has always been OK, although I know that it is considered a mild reg cleaner.
I also use Revo Uninstaller in moderate mode when I take stuff off so this lessens the number of orphaned registry entries.
Although it is a bit more hassle, if things are getting gummed up I prefer a good clean reinstall and start all over again.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

It is debatable whether Registry Cleaners really do anything useful.  They certainly need to be non-destructive.  Somehow the name REGZOOKA does not sound non-destructive to me!
Denzil
Grafter

It all depends on the nature of the faulty entries. I have seen PCs transformed by a registry clean, and others where it has had no noticeable effect.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I have never seen a registry cleaner have much, if any, effect.  But that is based on XP and Vista machines; they may well have been much more effective with previous versions of Windows e.g. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner .
CCleaner has quite a good reputation amongst the bunch, if you want to try one.

gillandkeith

:)Thanks guys. I've now tried CClean as well as Tuneup 2009 and Norton 360. They have got rid of the rubbish, but I don't think there's any improvement in operation speed. Thanks again to those who responded to my question.
Not applicable

Sounds as if you need to set some time aside and reformat.
Am working now on a laptop that I have just reformatted and it is better than new because I don't have all the rubbish software trials to contend with.
I know that it is a pain as it takes so long but well worth it in the end.