Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REACT O.S.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

REACT O.S.

Posting this in WIndows Software, because, it is supposed to be a FREE replacement for Windows... and use windows software when it works.... !
A couple of years ago,... I found this O.S. and I am sure I made a posting about it... however, doing a search does not bring it up...
Just been to the REACT O.S. website
https://www.reactos.org/

and downloaded the "live CD" .iso ( zip file )...managed to get it onto a DVD and tried to get it to "install" so I could see if it had improved/works since my last effort...
It started off ok, but then after it had " loading Boot Drivers".. 15 secs later all I had was a blank screen with no further action...
so I downloaded and burnt the "Install CD" version... and it did exactly the same thing....
Anyone else had a bash at it ? and managed to get past that stage ?  
(modified to add the React O.S. Web link )
4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: REACT O.S.

Was this the post you were referring to;
REACT - OS first footings

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran

Yup !... and I did several searches for it too  Cheesy
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Not tried it so can't comment on it but i wonder if it maybe the way you're installing it. I'm presuming that you're installing into a virtual machine rather than dedicated hardware / partition? Some VMs are a bit screwy with rarer OS's for some reason. IF this is what you have done you might want to try on a dedicated machine first (assuming you have a spare) just to rule that out.
Secondly some OS's are just bad for hardware drivers etc. Try getting linux suse 9 to work with a wifi PCI card or winmodem 10 years ago - it just wouldn't do it and yet everyone reckoned that all linux systems were the greatest thing since sliced bread yet many distros barely had any hardware support Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

Being used to installing and running linux mint from CD or installing to new hdd, there is no problems for me.
Actually tried with my Windows Vista hdd installed  and my Linux hdd installed in the laptop... neither made any difference...
Put a new HDD in the laptop,... and tried using the "INSTALL" CD download/burn and still same problem... so something is wrong somewhere... maybe with the download/unzipping...
However I did manage to "see" the contents of the CD after it had been burned, and it "looked" as though all the necessary bits were there... EXCEPT a "run" or .exe type file/folder, so it could not "run" from double clicking on that... ( as it wasn`t there ).. maybe it should be.... maybe it isn`t ... don`t know ! ! ..