Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDP issue with nVidia drivers

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

RDP issue with nVidia drivers

More for info than anything else really. I'd been having an issue with my home PC, I couldn't remote desktop to it at all, even from the local network.
A bit of googling and I found it's an issue with the nVidia graphics drivers, updated them and bingo it's all working again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
6 REPLIES 6
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: RDP issue with nVidia drivers

I've never heard of this causing an issue but I did have some trouble recently with the nVidia tray icon refusing to show up when logging into my system.
I'd tried to install a custom login screen and it failed andmade a mess of things internally with windows. From that point on the nVidia and sound icons would just refuse to show up on the first login. I'd have to logon, logoff, logon again. Or go into the display properties and reenable the nvidia tray icon and then the sound properties for the sound icon. It became very annoying. Eventually the entire system was reinstalled once I got hit with a few virus's thanks to both AVG and Avast refusing to work also due to the login screen mess.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
techguy
Grafter

Sounds a bit like it messed up systray and user.exe
Tracer
Grafter

Chris what version of drivers was it that caused the problems ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

IIRC it was 175.16 (the release in May), I updated to the new ones released in September and it's working fine now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tracer
Grafter

Cheers
techguy
Grafter

Funny old things, drivers