cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAPPORT Bank Security Software slows your internet

glynbristol

RAPPORT Bank Security Software slows your internet

I have had an issue where I was not receiving the promised 55Mbs download speed from Plusnet. I noted other computers on my network were getting quoted speeds, but mine wasn't After rebuilding and investigation I found that RAPPORT Security Software provided by the main banks is the problem. With RAPPORT running, download speed is approx 30Mbs, with RAPPORT disabled download speed is 55Mbs +.  If you are running RAPPORT, and have slow internet connect, try disabling it temporarily. You can do this from Start/Programs/Trusteer Rapport/Stop Report. Remember to start it again or reboot the computer before you go online banking.
8 REPLIES 8
glynbristol

Re: RAPPORT Bank Security Software slows your internet

I have contacted TRUSTEER and they are looking into why.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This isn't the correct board for this query, I expect a Mod will move it, but anyway. see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96880.msg970863.html#msg970863 that may explain a bit more.
ajbrown1965
Grafter

I used to have Rapport on my computer but removed it and reduced the startup time by about 60 seconds!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Been using it for about 2 yrs now, and never had a problem with it.... least of all slowing down the internet... I only get a measly 6 megs download speed where I am. but it don`t make any difference to my browsing or watching youtube vids.
Anotherone
Champion

Not once/if you have booted it possibly won't, but it is a CPU hog when updating, but there again you've probably got an extremely fast computer Gerry.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Nope.... got a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop... processor Genuine Intel(R)CPU 585 @2.16ghz  2.00 GB ram.. windows vista 32 bit  Cheesy
Anotherone
Champion

Ah, it's all that memory  Wink
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Another disgruntled former Rapport user here. I had a massive spat with my bank about it years ago when it crippled my OS and I threatened to leave my tower unit on the customer service desk for their IT people to fix.
I will never trust Rapport again ever. Far too much trouble. Instead I simply don't use internet banking. I'm not registered for it either so it won't get hacked anytime soon due to my computer security.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!