cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cash back issues

Rich2156

Quidco cash back issues

Plusnet are currently advertising heavily on Quidco and I recently took up the offer of moving my broadband and phone line over to Plusnet from Sky. This was completed online as it should have, with no vouchers or referrals used and my cash back was tracked for £100 as advertised.
This offer was a big part of my decision to move to Plusnet and I was very surprised when with only 2 days before I was able to cancel, the cashback was declined by Plusnet.
I have contacted Quidco and they are unaware why this has occurred and I have tried Plusnet support. Despite the statement that queries are being answered within 3 minutes 49 seconds, I have had no response and my 14 days for cancellation have now expired.
I can make a claim via Quidco once broadband goes live but this will take 3 months or more instead of the estimated payment in August. The £100 enabled me to pay off a chunk of the 12 months line rental and I am now out of pocket.
Has anyone else had issues with Quidco cash back being declined ?
I am looking to take this to Trading Standards having been drawn in by a deal that has been declined without any reason provided and having been completed as per the terms and conditions. 
11 REPLIES 11
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Quidco cash back issues

Hi Rich2156,
Welcome to the Forums!
I'm really sorry for any confusion regarding the cash back. I can only assume that the cash back was declined by us due to the account not being active yet. I've forwarded this to our Marketing team to look into and I'll provide an update as soon as I receive an answer from them.
Despite the statement that queries are being answered within 3 minutes 49 seconds, I have had no response

Can I ask where you saw that queries were being answered within 3 minutes?
Rich2156

Thanks for looking at this Linn.
Once posted my support request, the response was that replies are currently submitted within 3 minutes 49 seconds.
My issue is that the declined cash back notice gave me no real chance to cancel within the 14 days. If I have to claim and it is eventually paid, it will still take longer and leave me out of pocket, negating the reasons for taking out the contract.
If this could be sorted between Plusnet & Quidco, it would be very much appreciated.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Update: the cash back should automatically track from point of sale and be marked as a "tracked" sale in your Quidco account online. The payment should then be paid up to 60 days of the account being activated.
As you've confirmed that your order is showing as "tracked" by Quidco everything is in place and your payment should be received in the next 2 months.
Rich2156

Linn,
Unfortnuately the cash back was shown as tracked for 10 days following purchase which indicated that everything was fine and due to be paid by August 21st.
It then changed to cash back declined with no reason provided to Quidco as I contacted them directly. It is still showing as declined.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you upload a screenshot of what you see when you log in to your Quidco account? Make sure any sensitive data is hidden though Smiley
Rich2156

Linn,
At present, I can't attach it in a file that can be transferred. All I can manage is the copy & paste below.
Filter activities: By retailer  By status  By month     
Total of filtered Activity (GBP) 24.99 100.00
Purchase
Retailer
Amount
Earnings
Status
Updated
22 Jun 14
Plusnet 24.99 100.00 Declined 03 Jul 14 Raise cashback claim
Total is the initial set up payment of £24.99
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When you're able to take a screenshot can you either upload it on here or alternatively you can upload it on the ticket - Ticket: 88109371
I can't forward the copied information to our Marketing team - it needs to be a screenshot.
Rich2156

Linn,
I have no changed devices and attached the screenshot. Hope this is ok ?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for that. I've forwarded this information to our Marketing team and they've informed me that you will need to raise the query with Quidco after your account has gone active. They can then look into why the offer is showing as declined instead of tracked. Sorry we can't be of more help.
Rich2156

That's interesting as they claimed that it's down to Plusnet as you have declined it without providing them with any reason for doing so.
My account goes live on Thursday but by then it's all a bit late !
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can appreciate that, however, we don't have a direct way of raising queries regarding this so you need to raise it with Quidco who will forward the case to our Marketing team who will then look into this. You can find our guide here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112065.0.html