Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding PS speedtester

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Question regarding PS speedtester

Ive noticed the speedtester tab always shows "being fixed" will it ever show as fixed Wink
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Question regarding PS speedtester

When it's fixed, yes Tongue
In all seriousness though, it probably works alright at the moment given the relatively small amount of traffic it's dealing with. Problem is, we haven't actually had the time to do anything with it yet so architecturally it's in the same place it was when we first put the warning there (and it definitely was under-performing then).
We've not forgotten about it, but neither am I in a position to advise you when it will be fixed Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

If it works fine then how hard can it be to remove " Sorry - My Broadband Speed is currently experiencing technical difficulty and may display misleading test results. Thanks for bearing with us while we fix things. "    Cheesy
I bet not many people use it as they are unsure if the readings are correct or not.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If the warning is removed then more people will use it and it may start to fail again  Crazy
Bit of 'catch 22' really.
As there are plenty of alternative speed testers available it (rightly) isn't the highest priority.
IMO none of the speedtesters give 100% reliable readings.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: ukste
If it works fine then how hard can it be to remove " Sorry - My Broadband Speed is currently experiencing technical difficulty and may display misleading test results. Thanks for bearing with us while we fix things. "    Cheesy
I bet not many people use it as they are unsure if the readings are correct or not.

As walker23 has mentioned, therein lies the problem Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵