cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for PN - re is CN21 WBC available shortly or not ?

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Question for PN - re is CN21 WBC available shortly or not ?

Hi,
On the BT Wholsesale's ADSL Checker site it says that ADSL+ / CN21 WBC should be availble on my exchange before 30th Sept 2011, this info is also the same on Sam Knows.
However, on the PN site it says the BT have no upgrade date for my exchange ?? (ROCHFORD - EAROC)
Can anyone tell me which is correct please and if my exchange is being upgraded how can I get the higher speed.
Regards, Dave B.
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Question for PN - re is CN21 WBC available shortly or not ?

The information in the BT Availability checker should be the most up to date. Once ADSL2+ is available raising a ticket is all that is required to switch. Note, however, that ADSL2+ is unlikely to be of benefit if your ADSLmax speed is less than 4000kbps.
David
daveg6hni
Rising Star

Thanks for that info.
My sync speed is currently 8128kbs and my average download speed test is about 6.5Mbs and the BT checker says I should get about 12Mbs, I'm hoping that's an underestimate and that I might get a bit more.:)
Dave B.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yep, I'd hope you get better than 12Mbps. The checker tends to be conservative since few people complain about getting more. Tongue
David
daveg6hni
Rising Star

Quote from: daveg6hni
Hi,
On the BT Wholsesale's ADSL Checker site it says that ADSL+ / CN21 WBC should be availble on my exchange before 30th Sept 2011, this info is also the same on Sam Knows.
However, on the PN site it says the BT have no upgrade date for my exchange ?? (ROCHFORD - EAROC)
Can anyone tell me which is correct please and if my exchange is being upgraded how can I get the higher speed.
Regards, Dave B.

The BTW Site now says (I think) that 21CN is now available at my cabinet, however, Sam Knows is still saying before 31st Sept 2011 and PlusNet Tools still says BT have no plans to upgrade my Exchange Huh
BTW Quote
"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 12.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 8Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 12.5Mbps."
Well they can't all be right, so I have raised a ticket with PN, hopefully they can check on the real status of my line ?
Dave B.