cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proview MA-982K Monitor

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Proview MA-982K Monitor

I have one of these monitors, but the display goes dark after a few seconds. Powering off and on brings it back for a second. Looking at the web has shown that these often suffer this problem, and the cause is bad electrolytic capacitors. Changing these capacitors costs less than a tenner. To get at the innards requires removing the bezel. The trouble is the bezel refuses to budge.
According to those who have reported the solution on the web, you remove two screws from the back and then the bezel is supposed to push up - I assume "up" means in the direction from the stand towards the screen. This "push up" is only supposed to be gentle, but no matter how hard or gently I push, the bezel remains attached at the corners. Before I discovered the "Push up" method on the web, I did try prising the bezel off, but that was no more successful.
Is there anyone out there who has done what I am trying to do, and can suggest how to get in to the box without damaging it, please.
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Proview MA-982K Monitor

Actually this is an update cos the problem has changed. I got the back off, but in trying to remove the screen unit from the box, I managed to disconnect two cables that have identical connectors. I hasten to add I didn't want to disconnect cables except deliberately, but these were short cables hidden between the screen and the psu, and go from the screen to one of the psu cct boards. The cables that go into them arent labelled, and have two males on one side of the break, and two females on the other side. If they had a male on one cable from the screen and a female on the other cable from the screen, they couldn't be swapped over when being reconnected (unless that makes no difference). The cables both go to CON5 on the psu cct board. There are similar cables going to CON4 on that psu board.
I've never seen this type of connector before. I'm hoping that when bringing the male and female connector together, they can only be connected one way round, in case I also swap pin 1 and 2.
I'd be grateful for some guidance on this please.
Thanks in advance