Did you mean: 

Programming on a Chrome OS PC?

FIXED
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Programming on a Chrome OS PC?

Above.

When my Brother came up from London during the last Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May, he managed to get Unity working (in a fashion) via Linux Debian on both my Chrome OS Desktops, however when I try and follow the tutorials on the Unity website, the software crashes back to the Desktop! According to the official Unity forum, my box and version of Linux is officially not supported, would there be a way to install a supported version of Linux on Chrome such as Mint?

I've also managed to get Visual Studio working and can program in C# and Python, and also PyGame which is a games design language based on Python.

And about 17 years ago I did a course in MS Visual Basic 4 at Sheffield Hallam Uni and got a City & Guilds programming certificate from it, would there be a way to continue my VB skills without having to invest in a Windows PC?

Do you see? Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Programming on a Chrome OS PC?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Fix

Google is YOUR friend.....    try this in a search box.... and see what comes up. !

can you install linux mint on chrome os

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

I found http://www.fascinatingcaptain.com/projects/how-do-i-install-linux-mint-on-a-chromebook-with-a-separa...

on your suggested Google search.

Looks pretty technical and I'm loath to attempt it myself so I just emailed my Brother.

Do you see? Cheesy
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

My Brother says no, he wants me to suffer from the useless pile of bobbins that is Chrome OS.

Do you see? Cheesy
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65