cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems downloading

TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Problems downloading

I have an urgent problem I am trying to download some files and I can't!  Now I have tried on my WinXP with Online Armour firewall on and off to download them, with a NetGear router.  I have gone onto another comp and tried to download and that was using Ubntu with another router BT Voyager.  NONE of them worked, so is it to do with PlusNet blocking downloading of some files?  I am using two ways to download and that is using FireFTP and Freedownload manager.  No luck with either, I just can't believe the hassle I am having at the moment. 
This is one of the downloads
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-36798-1&lc=en&cc=br&os=228&...
This is what I get
http://ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26412.exe/
Now I have asked a group of other people to see if they can download and they can, so why can't I?
Any answers please
Thanks
Tony
4 REPLIES 4
samuria
Grafter

Re: Problems downloading

The first one works for me but the ftp doesn't exist. What error are you getting can you get the save file if you are using IE then is there a toolbar asking if you want to download the file as this is often missed and you think nothing is happening
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

I am using Firefox and it just states either 'Time out' or 'Page error'.  That it nothing else.
Thanks for having ago
Tony
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am using Firefox 3.01 on XP, just downloaded the driver no problem
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Thanks for looking at it.  I only found out this morning it is because I have the £9.99 monthly contract that I have run out of bandwidth.  As I have never done this before I did not understand but now I do.  So I suspect I am not the only one that will have this problem
Thanks
Tony