cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting Fitbit Ionic to Plusnet Fibre home wifi network?

Hilaryjd

Problems connecting Fitbit Ionic to Plusnet Fibre home wifi network?

I recently bought a Fitbit Ionic watch which has connected fine with the IOS Fitbit app on my iphone but I have not been able to get it to connect with my Plusnet fibre wifi netwrok at home. The App sees the Wifi network as an eligible wifi network but gives up trying to connect after several minutes saying 'this wifi network is unavailable'.  I have been working with Fitbit support team to try and figure out why it won't connect but was wondering if anyone in the Fitbit community has had same problem and hav been able to resolve? I have the Technicolour Plusnet router.

Other devices (such as my friends ipad, my work windows mobile phone, my Canon printer) have connected with no problem which suggest problems lies with Fitbit but thought it worth asking here.

Additional note - turns out the Fitbit Aria 2 (weigh scales) has exact same problem attempting to attach to the wifi network with similar issue of unable to connect which adds weight to issue is how Fitbit is trying to make the connection with the wifi?Huh

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Problems connecting Fitbit Ionic to Plusnet Fibre home wifi network?

Moderator's note:

Moved to more appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Have you fitbit connect installed on your computer

Connect is a free software application that lets your Fitbit device sync its data with your Fitbit.com dashboard.

https://www.fitbit.com/uk/setup

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0A6l1G71zHQ?list=PL_xLGCqFuhiERByEP1f6YWCAtYiaTBLY8

see this thread here

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex-2/Connecting-fitbit2-on-MacBook-Pro/m-p/2405737#M17341

It does not show in your computers bluetooth set up preferences

When I recently connected my devices to my mac I got confused also, expecting to sync through my mac Bluetooth,

The Fitbit.com dashboard can be placed in the task bar.

Hilaryjd

Thanks for the info.

I do have the Fitbit connect program on my (Windows, sorry) PC however the problem is that because the Fitbit watch is not connecting to my wifi then the Fitbit connect app cannot talk to it and says cannot find Fitbit on the wifi network.

I thought I might have fixed the problem because I rebooted (again) my Plusnet Technicolor router and that seemed to clear the problem for the Fitbit Aria 2 scales and they were able to connect to my home wifi network and they are now happily auto-syncing over wifi to my Fitbit account.

So now very odd - one brand new Fitbit device is talking to wifi - the other is not Sad 

Sgb

Hi - any solution to this? I've just discovered the same problem with my fitbit ionic.
Hilaryjd

No I haven't found a solution though admit haven't had time to really pursue. So situation is still that Fitbit Aria scales and the Fitbit App (on iphone) both happily communicating over my Plusnet wifi but Fitbit Ionic still at stage of seeing the wifi network (and knowing when I have entered the wrong password) but refusing to connect .......I have just received message to say there is an Ionic software update to load so will update here if after doing that (over bluetooth) the situation changes.