cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems accessing links and with McAfee

susiep

Problems accessing links and with McAfee

I am not sure what this is all about as a computer illiterate but I cannot access any links unless I copy the email address. The fix ( involving network connections and ip addresses) looks complicated and involves changing things on my computer which worked fine until I went away for 2 weeks at the end of November - what has changed. I have also lost my MacAfee protection from plusnet and as the link won't work so cannot re-install! This computer is 3 months old Any ideas PLEASE

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed topic title to reflect issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Problems accessing links and with McAfee

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post moved to its own thread and title changed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Have you tried the easy way , Windows built in System Restore?
Just take it back a few weeks restore point 👍
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I've seen several Windows 10 computers over the last few days that could not establish a proper network connection.  Typically the error message was "... doesn't have a valid IP configuration.".   I've fixed the problem by going to Device Manager, uninstalling the offending network adaptor then restarting the computer.  When restarted plug-and-play kicks-in, re-installs the adaptor and everything is fine.  There may be a less radical way of engineering the fix but this has worked 4 times out of 4 so far.  I mention this because if that is what is causing the problem then System Restore might only provide a temporary fix.