cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems accessing Gracenote CDDB

RobDickson
Grafter

Problems accessing Gracenote CDDB

I've been copying my CDs onto my PC over the last week using iTunes. iTunes has always accessed the CDDB OK up until this evening. iTunes is able to access the 'net because it's just downloaded an update for my iPod and can access the iTunes store, so I doubt it's a firewall issue.
Has anybody else had problems accessing the CDDB?
5 REPLIES 5
RobDickson
Grafter

Re: Problems accessing Gracenote CDDB

It's working now. Lots of other people have had the same problem, so it must have been a problem with Gracenote.
Assos
Grafter

Funny enough, my Mum's been having the same and apparently still was this morning [cue phone call]Why's iTunes stopped picking up the track names[/phone call]
RobDickson
Grafter

It's definitely still working for me, and was at about half-seven this morning. The database is pretty impressive, I put "Captain Sensible - The Hokey Cokey" (I must have been drunk when I bought that) into my PC, and the database knew the CD name, and the three tracks.
I then put in "The Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)" (a present, honest!) into the PC, but I had to enter the track details manually. The track titles are in the database now though!
The artwork is a lot less reliable, but I know how to sort that out quite easily.
Assos
Grafter

yeh, I got her to force the lookup in the end and it's working fine now.
RobDickson
Grafter

Good stuff.
I've just found there's a Cheeky Girls video included on the CD.......