cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with house move

Hornblower135

Problem with house move

Hi recently moved house from rented to own place.
Contacted plusnet to arrange change of address and move old phone number to new house.
Last Friday open reach worked at the house for hours.  First engineer didnt know how to transfer a number.
2nd engineer arrived and "completed" the job - "it will all work fine in  a couple of hours."
Numerous calls later still no internet.  However the phone was working.  Phoned my mobile to check number and it was not expected number.  In fact it was not a Coventry dialling code at all.  By phoning 100 I discovered it was actually a Sky line.
Being helpful I reported this all to customer service and am promised quick resolution.
Yesterday received a text from plusnet with a time for another engineers home visit.  I had not even agreed the time (11 days hence) and a bit alarmed to read that if I cannot make the appt that I had not agreed to I would be charged £49.99 for the priveledge.  Phoned again and am told that if I cancel that appt then will have to wait till 2013!.
My point is this.  BT openreach have screwed up the line (I was expecting a new line) and surely they have a system in place to complete jobs that they have failed to deliver.
I only switched to Plusnet because of apalling BT service in the past. 
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problem with house move

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with this and wish it would have gone more smoothly for you.
if I cannot make the appt that I had not agreed to I would be charged £49.99 for the priveledge

It's something we have to mention but I fully understand that not being taken well under the circumstances so perhaps we may need to take a look at how we word that
I'm going to read through the full history of the issue in detail to as that should show me what we need to feedback to our suppliers in particular.
Going forward our complaints team are currently waiting for a reply to a request we've made to escalate the issue with our suppliers so one of us will be in touch with an update soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hornblower135

Well after much effort on my behalf things have moved forward.
BT have now totally disconnected the phone line.
Despite trying to bring the date forward I have now settled on Nov 23rd.  Lets hope BT openreach get it right this time.
I have Plusnet's assurance that this time BT will install a new line.
From my experience Plusnet has been a worthy company for many years (I was with force 9 in early 90's) it is a shame that BT just cannot maintain its own network.  Trouble is where I now live is not cabled for Virgin so whichever provider I choose I have to deal with BT.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
if I cannot make the appt that I had not agreed to I would be charged £49.99 for the priveledge

It's something we have to mention but I fully understand that not being taken well under the circumstances so perhaps we may need to take a look at how we word that

Can I make a suggestion:
If the engineer is unable to gain access for this appointment you may be charged £49.99. If the engineer fails to make the appointment without you being given adequate notice you will be given £49.99 compensation.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: jelv
If the engineer is unable to gain access for this appointment you may be charged £49.99. If the engineer fails to make the appointment without you being given adequate notice you will be given £49.99 compensation.

I second that suggested wording! Grin