cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem (of my making!) reinstalling IE9

Javert
Grafter

Problem (of my making!) reinstalling IE9

Please can anyone help?  I uninstalled IE9 earlier this morning - and then wanted to reinstall it.  Clicked on “Install” and shortly afterwards my line “dropped” (red light came on) - as the IE9 indicated it was “downloading” - I stupidly stopped that installation.  Embarrassed
Now that my connection is running OK, I’ve tried to continue the process but, soon after clicking “Run” another message appears onscreen: “Another installation is currently in process.  Finish that installation or removal and try setup again.”

This suggests that because IE9 was already installing - and because I stopped it, it now wants me to continue from the point I cancelled.  Obviously, I cannot continue from that point, nor can I reinstall it from the beginning!  Can anyone offer any advice on how I might progress on this?
PS Re: my B/B connection “dropping” - this is due to my line being “in training” - as arranged by Technical Support.
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Problem (of my making!) reinstalling IE9

Try.... reboot the computer.... it may "clear" the existing version, and then you can start again....
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Or do a restore to a point before the install.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Javert
Grafter

Thanks for the replies - did a System Restore and . . . . it works!  Now why didn't I think of that?  Smiley