cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to plusnet via iphone wifi

leadhead
Hooked

Problem connecting to plusnet via iphone wifi

Ive just inheritted an iphone 3g...its unlocked and i'm successfully using an Ovivo sim. Ive tried to setup Plusnet wifi for using it in the house, and although it sees my Plusnet router and seems to accept my password, the tick next to the Plusnet name keeps flickering, and I get a "not connected" notice.....
Ive cancelled it and reset it and started again a few times, always with the same results..........am I missing something.
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Problem connecting to plusnet via iphone wifi

Which password are you typing in (don't type it on here), I'm wanting to ensure it's the Wireless Key you're typing in (in CAPS) and not your account password?
You can find your Wireless Key on the little white card that came with the router, or on the underside of your router. Depending on the age of your router, it'll be either labelled 'Wireless Key' or WPA-PSK'.
I hope this helps.
leadhead
Hooked

Re: Problem connecting to plusnet via iphone wifi

Hi, thanks for your reply....Yes its definately the wireless key I'm typing in, and in capitals......It seems to accept the key, connects for a couple of seconds, disconnects, then connects again, and seems to go on like that.....We have no problem with other wireless connections, including tablets or other family phones....its just this iphone 3g.
Addendum :)......I read somewhere that if you are having trouble connecting, you should press "forget this network" and sometimes it reconnects after submitting the password  again......I did this (although I had previously tried this to no avail) and this time it worked....whether its just a different sequence I used, or maybe all my previous attempts at loading the key wern't all upper case, i'll not know....but thanks for your help, as without your reply I possibly wouldnt have tried this tonight....
Happy now...