cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably a simple answer

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Probably a simple answer

I have a problem with XP i recently had the dreaded XP virus which hijacked screensaver and wallpaper amongst other things but i am not sure if this is causing the current problem,well its not a problem just annoying.I have cleared the virus and done numerous spyware virus checks. It seems to be a screensaver option yet i cant find anywhere to change the setting after about 10 minutes left idle i get the Windows Tada music and it goes to the screen where you choose a user i know its not a serious problem but  annoying but i cant find anywhere to adjust the setting. I know you will probably think what an idiot but i have looked in power settings screensaver settings and anything that may look like it would adjust this setting but cant find anything any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
hadden
Grafter

Re: Probably a simple answer

Try: Display Settings - Screen Saver tab... uncheck the option "On resume, password protect" ?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks John mine says "On Resume display welcome screen" but it did the trick, not sure how it got checked in the first place but anyway thanks alot
Regards Mike
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You can also disable the sounds too in control panel in case you've got fed up with the Windows cheese. I disable it on mine as the music is awful..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!