Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProView MA-982K Monitor problem

FIXED
penneck
Aspiring Pro

ProView MA-982K Monitor problem

I have a Proview MA-982K Monitor, which I think is a good monitor, but it has recently started a problem where I have to wait several minutes after bootup before I get a reliable picture. From what I have found on the net, the problem is a few electrolytic capacitors that are starting to bulge. Fine. Assuming I can find new capacitors, I can change them. My more immediate problem is getting the case open.

I can remove the stand (Not sure I need to, but it might be easier to work on with the stand out of the way), and there are two screws near the bottom edge which I can remove. However, that only releases the bottom edge of the screen surround plus half way up one side. I cannot figure out how to release the rest of the surround. I don't want to use brute force and ignorance in case I break any clips, etc.

So, my request to the forum is "If you know how to release the rest of the surround, please would you tell me, so that I can do it too"

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: ProView MA-982K Monitor problem

Fix
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Daveplus. That looks just what I needed. I wasn't sure how to find the clips (nor how to persuade them to open). The rest of the information in the document is very useful too.

I'm going to have to wait until the weekend before I have time to do the dismantling. Will come back then, and let you know how I got on

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Hello Daveplus - the update I promised you. Your document worked in that it got me into the guts of the monitor. I found a couple of 470uF, 25V capacitors showing signs of bulging, so I bought Panasonic replacements for them from Farnell (cheap and next day delivery. While I was waiting for them, I discovered by chance the 470uF capacitors in this range come in two physical sizes (none of the others do), and I had ordered the wrong ones. I fitted them, but the monitor was worse - it had become unusable. I took a chance and ordered enough of the correct physical sizes to change all 6 of the 470uF capacitors. The monitor is now working fine. Some of the clips appear to be not working now (or I haven't persuaded to them to lock on yet, but I suspect the former).

My thanks to you. I will try to mark your reply with that document link as the solution to my problem, once I have sent this.

Regards

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi @penneck 

That is great. Thanks for letting me know.