cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing long web pages.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Printing long web pages.

I have just been attempting to print the new Home Phone terms and conditions http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html which should be about 9 pages, Using FireFox 3.0.8 it does a nearly blank page, a full page and then a nearly blank last page.
I have no trouble with other long Web pages, Volmers answers came to 8 pages.
if I use IE V6  no trouble all pages print
Win XP SP3 - using print preview and also trying to output to PDF also a try on to Lexmark
Is it something in the PN Web page? that stops a print out of the legal agreement?

3 REPLIES 3
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Printing long web pages.

You could cheat a little and do a 'cut and paste' into Word or Notepad.  Not ideal, but it will get you a printed copy.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

not really I printed it using IE V6
Denzil
Grafter

I would think it has something to do with an @import line in the source code for the print stylesheet, although I haven't worked it out in detail yet. This is a hack to hide stylesheets from older browsers, so IE6 ignores the line and just prints what it sees. FF should import the print stylesheet, so there is possibly something odd in the stylesheet.