cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer

Geoff99

Printer

You will probably guess that you might just be speaking with a chimpanzee...but you are not! Just a very confused pensioner!
Ive recently changed from O2 to Plusnet but didnt realise that I need to "realighn"!! my Ipad and printer. Ive succeeded in setting up my router but cannot get the printer to print. MY QUES:On the credit type cards sent by Plusnet there is a password for "your Wi-Fi set up" and a different one for "Router access. Will either need to be entered into my printer for it to be "speaking" with my Ipad & desktop? Also., I have run a "Wireless Network Test report" on printer and it says  wireless....on Wireless Working....Network Name (SSID) found....SECURITY fail IN LARGE BLACK TYPE? CAN ANYONE HELP?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Printer

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Firstly it would be a good idea to remove your email address from the post. This is a public forum and it's not a good idea to expose your email address. You can do that by clicking the 'modify' link next to your post and it will allow you to edit the post.
Now to the printer, you will certainly need to input the wireless security key for the PlusNet router into the iPad and printer. It's the one labelled key: under the Wireless Network settings on the card.
If you're unsure how to enter the key into the printer then post back with the make/model and we'll try to help further.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Geoff99

Many many thanks for such a polite and prompt response. However, there isn't a modify icon on my post? My printer is an HP Photosmart.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It should be up the top RHS where the quote button is.
Geoff99

Thanks you. The printer has now taken the number and it should print.....yippee!, let's not get too excited yet though! Any idea if I can link my IPad to the same printer?
Once again, my grateful thanks.
Geoff
Geoff99

Modified. Thanks.
Geoff99

Yes we have printed paper! Now can we complete the set? Print from my IPad as opposed to using my desktop computer?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm no iPad expert I'm afraid so it might be worth waiting for someone who's more familiar with it.
However, a bit of googling seems to indicate that you either need an Airprint compatible printer , Hp EPrint or google cloud printing http://www.wikihow.com/Print-From-an-iPad
Since you have a HP printer, I would guess that HP Eprint is the possible solution https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8.
Hope that helps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.